Competitive Dance Troupe – What is it?
DDH Dance Troupe is a jazz based performance team that was developed for dancers who desire to perform more often and compete in dance competitions. Members of our Dance Troupe also perform at local events and have the opportunity to attend professional dance workshops to expand their technique and style. Troupe classes are by audition only.
We have six performing dance troupes:
- Junior Troupe I
- Junior Troupe 2
- Junior Troupe 3
- Senior Troupe 1
- Senior Troupe 2
- Senior Troupe 3
There is only room for a limited amount of dancers in each Troupe. An alternate will be picked in each Troupe level in the event that someone drops-out. The try-out is a great learning experience for all dancers, even if they may not be selected for this years Troupe!
Tryout Dates & Information
Junior & Senior Tryout Dates
- Junior Level — Thursday, June 1st 4:30-6:30
- Senior Level — Thursday, June 1st 6:30-8:30
- Junior Alternate Date Monday, June 5th 4:30-5:45 pm
- Senior Alternate Date Monday, June 5th 6:00-7:30pm)
- Before deciding whether or not to try-out, please realize that troupe does involve a commitment of attending classes and extra rehearsals regularly.
- Forms are available at the front desk. Please review the commitment form each dancer and parent are asked to sign before trying out for a position on Troupe.
- There is a $3 audition fee
- When the dancers come for the try-out, they will be asked to fill-out an information form consisting of their name, address, phone #, age, and who to contact in case of an emergency. They will be asked to select a number tag to be pinned on them during the try-outs. Ms. Dee Dee will teach a short routine to the dancers (all dancers at once). After they have practiced the routine several times they will be broken-up into groups of three or four to perform the routine in front of the judges who are established dance professionals. When all the dancers have been judged they may leave to go home. Results of the try-out will be announced soon after the final troupe try-out. Good-luck to all!
- Parents will not be allowed in the dance area during the try-outs. Thanks for your consideration.
If I was on Troupe last year, do I need to tryout again?
Yes, everyone needs to try-out even if you were on troupe last year. This gives everyone a fair chance to try-out. Also, what troupe you may or may not be selected for, is up to the judges. There is a chance that you may not be selected for Troupe this year or you may be put into a different troupe than you were in last year!