We are excited to join our students virtually, please be patient with DDH and our staff as we attempt to chart these difficult times. As we are all navigating through the effects of the Coronavirus on our daily lives, I wanted to take a moment and address the question that you may already be asking…
WHAT IS DDH DOING ABOUT DANCE LESSONS?
Governor Tony Steven Evers asked that all schools to close as a preventative measure to “flatten the curve” and stop the spreading of the virus in our community. In response to this request and in an effort to maximize social distancing, I am thrilled to announce that we are moving our learning environment to a digital online experience starting in April. We understand this will be different than our in-person experience, but we believe it will be a fun and innovative way for our students to continue to learn and grow as creatives!
HERE’S WHAT THE DDH DIGITAL ONLINE EXPERIENCE WILL LOOK LIKE:
Dance Students – Classes will be hosted online using Youtube as our video platform. We will be offering both live and on-demand dance classes through our brand new virtual studio. Our main goal is to keep you dancing and also give you the flexibility and freedom to work on your dances on your own time. DDH would love to work towards the end goal of a postponed recital, but with an ever-so changing reality of the COVID-19, those decisions may be out of our hands. We will continue to update you as that information becomes available to us. For the time being, DDH instructors will be providing each individual class their reference videos to practice the routine as it is. In addition to the reference videos and music, our instructors and guest choreographers will be providing some free material and classes so you can keep dancing 🙂 Please reference your email for the password to access your DDH Reference Videos + Music
DDH RECITALS + COMPETITIONS + PHOTOS:
For those of you who are planning to participate in the upcoming dance recitals and competitions:
- Annual Dance Recital: Recital at the Grand has been postponed until further notice. We are working on finding a solution to this and our decision will also depend on venue availability.
- Dance Picture Week: Picture week has been postponed until further notice. Orders will be returned/refunded until we have scheduled another week.
Tuition Update: DDH Dance will not be charging tuition for the months of April & May 2019-2020 dance season, due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please be patient with us as we make those appropriate changes to all your accounts.
- Dance Magic Dance Competition: According to the current date April 6th, Dance Magic is cancelled
- Celebration Dance Competition: According to the current date April 6th, status is undetermined. Ee are waiting for further information from the competition coordinator.
- Competition Refunds: All refunds will be applied directly to your DDH dance account towards outstanding balances or to be used towards next year’s dance season.
- Fundraiser: Any fundraiser money raised will be applied to your account balance. These amounts will be applied towards any outstanding balances or to be used towards next year’s season.